We are always looking out for talented people and you could be the perfect fit for our team without us having realised this yet. Please see below for open positions.
To send us a CV, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cover letter explaining motivations to join the company and suitability for the role MUST be included.
Bioorganic Chemistry Research Scientist (Sep 2021)
A new opportunity has arisen for a Bioorganic Chemistry Research Scientist at Edinburgh Molecular Imaging Ltd, an imaging and pharmaceutical company focused on imaging and targeted radiotherapy in the field of oncology.
We are looking for a Bioorganic Chemistry Research Scientist to for all synthetic chemistry activities at EM Imaging Ltd. The company is developing a range of products including systemic targeted radiotherapy, optical and positron emission tomography (PET) molecular imaging agents. The successful candidate will also be involved in Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls activities to some extent.
Synthetic Bioorganic Chemistry
- Peptide synthesis
- Design of structures and synthetic route
- Synthesis (Solid Phase and solution)
- Purification (Semi-preparative HPLC: method design and Implementation)
- Characterisation (analytical HPLC, MS, residual solvent analysis)
- Use of heteromultifunctional linkers, spacers
- Conjugation of dyes, macrocycles and other chelating functionalities
- Purification and characterisation (see above)
- Analytical HPLC: method development, purity evaluation
- MS analysis (ESI/MS, MALDI)
Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls
- Implementation of CMC strategy defined by the Head of Chemistry: write up of scoping documents and requests for proposals (RFPs), technical qualification of suppliers
- Regular interaction with Contract Drug Manufacturing Organisations and consultants
- The role includes oversight and project management of subcontractors such as Contract Research Organisations, Contract Drug Manufacturing Organisations and consultants.
- The role has currently no direct staff management or supervision responsibilities but from time to time may include supervision of academic collaboration projects and/or visiting scientists/students
Health & Safety
- Responsible for own safety and compliance with EM Imaging’s H&S policies and procedures
- Responsible for Risk Assessment of lab activities and handling moderately hazardous chemicals
- Contribute positively to development of H&S policies.
- 3 years’ experience in peptide synthesis and peptide bioconjugation
- Experience in analytical and semi-preparative HPLC
- Proficient in the use of I.T. including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desirable but not essential
- Experience in synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals (imaging or radiotherapeutic) and/or optical imaging agents
- Experience in GMP synthesis
- Experience in radiochemistry
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Cooperative team player experienced in working in a matrix organization
- Able to interact with and build consensus and commitment among team members
- Able to work independently and systematically to agreed timelines
- Well organised and structured, attention to detail
Ability to work full time in the company’s Edinburgh site is required.